Mail correspondence to 735 Newtown Road, Suite 100, Norfolk, VA 23502
Call Us Toll Free: (866) 873-2338

John Goss Assists More Eric Conn Clients

This week, Eric Conn pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the Social Security Administration, conspiracy to escape, and conspiracy to retaliate against a witness.  This will add another 15 years to his previous sentence of 12 years for his involvement in a SSA fraud scheme that began in 2011.  More than 3500 of his former clients have been required to go through re-determination hearings.  Currently, 53% have been successful at retaining their benefits.  The other 47% are still in the process of appealing to federal court.

During the initial hearings, Mr. John Goss volunteered to represent some of Conn’s former clients for free, and also volunteered hours of his time helping to train the local attorneys, who were not lawyers for Social Security disability,  in the nuances of Social Security Disability law. This work earned him the Pro Bono Publico Award from the American Bar Association in 2016. Now that the remaining clients are appealing their decisions, Mr. Goss has taken on several more cases in hopes that he may be able to establish the clients’ disabilities. Unfortunately, many of the medical records of the remaining claimants were destroyed by Conn and his employees.

Despite the challenges they are facing, Mr. Goss has every hope for a positive outcome for the claimants he has taken on. He is no stranger to advocating for those with disabilities; he has been representing disability claimants in the Tidewater area for 41 years. He has dedicated his career from the beginning to helping those in need, working for the Tidewater Legal Aid Society for five years before starting his own private firm of social security disability attorneys. Certainly, he will make every effort possible to get justice for these clients to ensure they retain their benefits.