Why Should I Hire a Social Security Disability Attorney to Apply for Disability?
Filing for Social Security Disability is a complex process for claimants and requires a large amount of personal information. Just some of the information SSA will want you to provide when you apply for disability includes:
Personal Background Questions
• Addresses and marital status information.
• Citizenship information.
• Information about dependent children.
Work Background Questions
• Detailed information about current work if you are still working.
• Names, addresses of all employers in the last 15 years, together with job descriptions for each job, hours worked; your earnings; strength requirements for each job; skills you acquired during your relevant work.
• Any special accommodations or conditions in your past jobs.
Medical Conditions and Limitations
• Information about each of the impairments you feel contribute to your disability.
• Names and addresses of all health care providers you have treated with that are pertinent to your disability, together with information about the treatment you receive including medications are you take and the conditions each medicine treats.
Specific Activity Limitations
• A detailed description of your daily activities as they relate to your disability. The description will need to include your living arrangements; housekeeping duties you perform; activities outside the home; hobbies and interests.
Before COVID-19 struck, the usual method of applying was to go to one of the Social Security offices for a personal interview with a claims representative who would file the application for you. Since the COVID lockdown, the option of a personal interview at Social Security remains limited. Applying by telephone is only partially workable, with long wait times. The national wait time to even get your call answered is about 45 minutes. Your best option is to apply using Social Security’s website, but that requires a significant amount of computer skill to navigate the process.
We can help. Goss & Fentress opened an application department in 2019, just in time to address the COVID crisis. Our paralegals provide you with all the technical support you need using a step-by-step process that collects all of the necessary information from you and files the application for you. You pay no fee unless your application is approved. If your claim is denied, we are right there to proceed with your appeal.
Contact us today